Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!

TGI...weekend, a long one at that!!! My little Kinder-Hoppers have decided that listening and following directions may not be as important as I do. Don't get me wrong, my class is wonderful, and I adore them, but they are needing reminders and reminders and loads of redirection. The "look" isn't working on most of them anymore. This weekend will give me time to put together a plan of action!

I am not sure if I mentioned this...but the referendum that we so desperately need in our school district passed. I work in an amazing place. 80% of the households do not have children in the district and yet it passed with 80%!!! I am extremely optimistic about my job next year, which means...I will never leave :-)

In previous years we had a field trip to the Brookfield Zoo; however, this year we had to cut field trips down to 3, so the zoo has fallen to the side. I debated for quite a bit to add new materials to what I already have but I am just not going to have time. I am adding Insects to May, so I am trying to stay focused on that. I did mention in a previous post that I would add some Zoo stuff. Here is what I have. There isn't much to it, but it was made with love :-).

As always, thank you for reading! I can't believe how close to 300 followers I am...it's amazing! I can't express how much I love to share with you and see all the wonderful things that everyone is sharing out there.

I hope you can find some things that you can use. Enjoy!!!
Shannon

All documents contain fonts that are copyright DJ Inkers. Virtually all documents contain graphics that are copyright DJ Inkers. They are used with permission. Please visit http://www.djinkers.com/, for wonderful clipart and fonts.

Some Literacy Goods
Zoo Animals Journal

Zoo Sight Word Find

What is at the Zoo Book

Sight Word Scramble

Elmer Story Recall

Feed the Animals Book



Some Math Goods


Zoo Listening Ordinal Number Page

I Have Who Has Numbers (Zoo Edition)

Zoo Subtraction

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all you do!! We will start our Zoo Unit in May, ending with a trip to the zoo at the beginning of June. We only have 2 field trips in K, the zoo and a free concert by the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra for Tiny Tots! I hope we don't lost any next year!

    Ali
    What happens in kindergarten... lasts a lifetime

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm optimistic for you too!! You inspire me so much by all that you do for your kids; hopefully all the budget stuff will work out for you and your future students.

    Thank you for all you do for us too!! I'm a 1st year teacher and love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I downloaded the patterning activity
    http://teacherscannotlivebyapplesalone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on Zoo animals in the next few weeks, this is perfect! Thank you.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOO HOO! I LOVE your downloads!! THANK YOU for sharing!!! :o)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything that you post! I have been downloading everything and filing it on my computer to use for next year! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity! =) I was wondering what do you use to create these documents? (Microsoft word?) I would love to try and create some things too but have no idea where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome! Thanks for sharing all your ideas! We are going to the zoo next week and this will add to my zoo unit. I want to post some of my zoo unit, but I'm having trouble with scribd. I have created somethings and have uploaded it to it. How do I upload it to my blog? Can you help? Thank so much! My e-mail is: mestes@kcsma.net
    http://estes-extras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! Thanks for all your great ideas! Can I ask where the clip art is from in your cute zoo unit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. L-O-V-E the zoo unit!! I downloaded everything!! We finally get to do zoo animals this year and I can't wait. Thank you for all the time you put into making these and sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow what a find. Thanks for sharing all that you have done, this has come in handy just in time. :)

    Kinders on the Block

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for sharing your great goodies! Our zoo trip is fast approaching and I know my class with love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all the zoo creations! I love them! Can't wait to use it all in my classroom :) My class is getting ready for our zoo trip we are taking this month :)

    ReplyDelete