Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hey Peepsters

Spoiler Alert: This post is all over the place....

It's Tuesday, Coop-a-Loop is taking his AM nap and I'm sitting here staring at this bowl...
Those are Peepsters. Have you tried them? They are de*light*ful. It's 9:30AM, you cannot eat candy before noon....nomnomnomnomnommmmmmm. The crazy thing is I HATE Peeps, but those little treasures get me every year!

Today I will be trotting over to the Dollar Tree in search of cute plastic eggs...thanks Fran! I have been searching my podunk town for cute ones for a couple of weeks. I've been to Target, Walmart, KMart, and the Dollar General and all I came up with were Hello Kitty and Camouflage Eggs....what am I suppose to do with those?

I should just PJ it up today. I am thoroughly exhausted. Have I mentioned that my little ball of sunshine is almost four months and still wakes every 3 hours to alert the masses that he is starving? I love the little bugger, but when, oh when, will he sleep through the night? And yesterday, was the first day back after Spring Break and the kiddos acted like they were at home, taking their shoes off, sitting on tables, and walking around chatting during work time....I came back home comatose.

I told you I was going to be all over the place (stay with me). The other day I got the cutest Subtraction book from Marlana at Lil' Country Kindergarten. I LOVE it! She is selling it on her TPT for $1.25. Make like a bunny and hop over there to see it :0)


Oh and here is my first Currently...I have been living in a cave...a cave in the middle of a cornfield, but a cave nonetheless. Join the party with Farley here...
 


I needed some Wake Up Work for my lesson plan this week and realized that I haven't given the Hoppers a sight word color by code in a loooong time. They love doing them, but I am torn, I have the kids that scribble the colors as fast as they can and in the other camp....the kids that are so meticulous that it takes them days to finish! Anywho, thought I would share it with you (the mistake on there has been fixed...I still don't know my color words, lol)! Thanks for all the kind words, love to all!

PS...only a couple more days until the winners are announced. Be sure to enter, The Great Giveaway.

Thanks for reading!
Shannon

Spring Sight Word Color by Code

10 comments:

  1. Cute post! I definitely do not miss the sleep deprived days. Lol! It won't be much longer. :) happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the bunny page. It has been a looonnnnggg 2 days this week and I'm guessing the next 2 won't be much better. The kiddos love these types of pages and I love that not only are they encouraged to read sight words but also color words. Thanks again...love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute! LOVE your super power. Especially since I'm working on a not fun project and instead of having a healthy dinner I just downed like three baby bell cheeses and a handful of cocoa puffs!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute bunny - thank you! I hope your little guy sleeps for you soon. I won't tell you that 2/3 of my kids still don't sleep through the night. (They're 2 and 4...) The good news is that they are definitely not the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to you for sharing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shannon! This is great!! My kids love sight word finds. I have never tried Peepsters, I might have to go find them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! As for the quick, scribble coloring....try giving them colored pencils. I have found that it slows down my speed-racers and the quality of their work improves drastically. Just don't let them use the colored pencils for everything. They have to be "special"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks bunches!!! Love your stuff! Don't worry I used to wonder when Liam would sleep thru the night too. It does end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mommy note: You can always try sleep training...I did it and my son has slept through the night since he was 3 months old...my sister did it and both of her sons slept for 6hrs or more starting at 7 weeks old. It is not for everyone, but it does work! If you want to try I will be more than happy to tell you what I did!

    Teacher note: I have starting giving my students colored pencils as well and its amazing how nicely they will color! Thanks for the freebie!!

    Steph
    stephluckey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete