Monday, April 28, 2014

On the Farm, Again...

It's almost May and you know what that means....chick season is upon us. I am no mother hen. I'm not sure who came up with the idea of hatching chicks in my building, but I am very vocal about my dislike for this.

It's not my fault.

I am not good at hatching chicks.

Wanna see my stats?
Year 1: 0 out of 24 hatched
Year 2: 0 out of 24 hatched
Year 3: 0 out of 12 hatched
Year 4: 7 out of 12 hatched
Year 5: 4 out of 12 hatched (only 2 survived)
Year 6: 0 out of 12 hatched
Year 7: Just sitting here praying

In my defense all of these chick casualities are not all my fault. One year my incubator had a crack, the following year my egg turner stopped working, I got a faulty thermometer....one year I wasn't even there for the hatching process.

My room has lovingly been referred to as the chicken genocide room.

I want the chicks to hatch. My room is cursed I tell you. I do so much better with butterflies.
#cantthisjustbesimple
#comeonitskindergarten
#hatchingchicksisstressful

I started working on a Farm Unit once upon a time and then boom, I got sick, sick, sick. I just finished it this weekend, only took me a year!



A couple of classroom favorites, as well...
I Have/Who Has {CVC Farm Edition}

I Have/Who Has {Subitizing Farm Edition}

To celebrate chick season, all of my farm and chick related products are on sale through Wednesday.
Kindergarten Hoppenings {Farm Blog Favorites} Kindergarten Hoppenings {Chicks Blog Favorites}

Hope your week is starting off fabulous!!
Shannon

2 comments:

  1. A good incubator and egg turner are a must! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. My class was able to be quiet enough to hear some peeping before seeing holes in eggs! I should have at least 2 babies hatched in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon, I thought that this new teacher-seller website might interest you. They are based in Canada and offer features that are not found on similar sites. They also have a lot of new features coming. Here is a link: Created by Teachers, Exclusively for Teachers

    ReplyDelete