Friday, July 20, 2012

A BEAR of a unit!

I have been OBSESSED with creating this bear unit. It gave me a much needed distraction from life and it is completely helping me to redefine my outcome. To the ladies that initially gave me the idea, I thank you!!!

This is one GIGANTIC packet! I debated not posting it for a week or too, but I am so excited to see what you think! Here are some pics...



My lengthy description...
OVER 150 pages of FUN! This pack has some of everything, 14 literacy and math activities; including 2 emergent readers, 11 centers, a class book, Teddy Bear Picnic ideas, parent notes, a class graph, and a few whole class activities.


Fishin’ for Sounds -RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Little Bears Letter Sort -RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print. RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Read and Match Gummy Fun -RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print. RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
RL.K.10. Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
Beary Fun Rhyming -RF.K.2. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
Goldilocks Writing Activities -L.K.1. Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
W.K.5. With guidance and support from adults, respond to questions and suggestions from peers and add details to strengthen writing as needed.
Act Like a Bear -L.K.5. With guidance and support from adults, explore word relationships and nuances in word meanings
Spin a Sight Word -RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words
Bit O’ Honey -K.CC.4. Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality. K.CC.5. Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1–20, count out that many objects. K.NBT.1. Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (such as 18 = 10 + 8); understand that these numbers are composed of ten ones and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
Countdown with Grahams -K.OA.1. Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings1, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
Head to Toe -K.MD.2. Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common, to see which object has “more of”/“less of” the attribute, and describe the difference. For example, directly compare the heights of two children and describe one child as taller/shorter.
Number Bears -K.CC.1. Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
K.CC.2. Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1). K.CC.7. Compare two numbers between 1 and 10 presented as written numerals.
Sorting Shapes with the 3 Bears -K.G.2. Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size. K.G.3. Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, “flat”) or three-dimensional (“solid”).
Spin a Bear -K.MD.3. Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.
Counting Gummies -K.CC.5. Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1–20, count out that many objects.
Fun with Teddy Grahams -K.MD.3. Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.
Beary Good Patterns -Not a Common Core...but it should be J




I hope there is something you can use! Happy Friday!!!!

4 comments:

  1. You rock!!! I have been following (aka-stalking) your blog for forever (I became an official follower last week now that I have my own blog). And I have always always enjoyed seeing what you have posted! You are an amazing lady and teacher and you have such amazing ideas. (And you are an inspiration to me b/c of my hubs and I own preggo woes...).
    Thanks for all you do! I can't wait to purchase this when I get back from my mission trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...I sent you an email. I was wondering if you got it yet. Enjoy the rest of your summer! Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower!
    I am having a birthday giveaway and would love for you to enter.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome and just what I wanted. Thank you! I can't wait to go get it. :)
    Cindy
    http://kindergartenloves@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete