Sunday, January 5, 2014

Go, Go, No?

Happy New Year Friends!!!!

So, I was all set to GO, GO, Go back to school tomorrow and Mother Nature has thrown the midwest a giant winter ick! It's been snowing like mad since last night and tomorrow the high is a balmy -13. Snow days...I don't mind them! I know there are teachers who can't stand them, but when you have to drive 40-45 minutes to get to school as it is, ya just don't mind not having to add any more minutes to that commute!

I have firmly planted my behind on my couch and am creating, creating, creating....made some brownies and am binge watching the show Chuck on Netflix. Chuck, I loved that show when it was on, something about a geek! Well, I never saw the final season, so why not?!

I am prepping up for January. We do Winter, Space, and Transportation. It's not my favorite month of teaching, but each year I add some things that jazz it up. Last year, I absolutely adored teaching Space! We made cute aliens and made alien floats. The Hoppers loved it! I am working on a Out of this World Wake-Up Work Companion Pack now. In the mean time, I wanted to post my new On the Go! Wake-Up Work Companion Pack.

On the Go! Wake-Work {Common Core Aligned, Differentiated



On the Go! Wake-Up Work pack has 12 transportation themed worksheets to reinforce concepts that have been taught or can be used to assess student learning. Each worksheet has 2-3 levels to differentiate according to your students needs. Great for morning work or additional home practice!

Skills covered include...
Printing letters, -at and -an word family, syllables, beginning and ending sounds, decoding, addition, counting, writing numbers, comparing numbers, and greater/less than.

Hope you are warm and safe wherever you are! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Shannon

3 comments:

  1. We have a snow day too or should I say COLD day! It is supposed to get about -50 with windchill. No reason for the kiddos to go out in the cold. I am happy that I get extra time to plan for presenting at UW Whitewater Early Childhood Conference in April. I will take it!!! BTW....love your new unit! Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your snow day! You always have the cutest blog designs. I love how you change them for the seasons. Do you make them or purchase them? I would love to add some seasonal pages to mine.

    craigheadra@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also binged on Netflix today! And planned lessons :-)
    Stay warm!
    Chrissy ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete